Naturally Blessed Hill Station – Dalhousie
Located: Himachal Pradesh
Best time to visit: Mid May to Mid October, winters are highly unfavorable as it gets exceedingly cold and the temperature slumps down to almost 0 degrees.
Connectivity to other parts of the city- Dalhousie is a small town in Himachal Pradesh and thus, the rail route and the air route is not very well developed. The roadways are better developed and form one of the best ways to reach the town.
By road – There are roads from Pathankot and this is supposed to be the best way to travel to Dalhousie. There is public and private transport service that is present to help passengers travel to the town
By Rail – As mentioned before, there is no railway station at Dalhousie and the nearest one is at Pathankot, so you will need to take the train to that city and then go in for a road trip to the town. The main trains to Pathankot are:
- Jammu Mail (14033)- From Delhi to Pathankot; all days
- Malwa Express – From Indore to Chakki Bank (2kms from Pathankot); only on Wednesdays
- Adi Jat Express(19223)- From Ahmedabad to Jammutawi
By air – Dalhousie does not have an airport to itself. The nearest airport is at Gaggal, Kangra, which is situated at a distance of 140km from Dalhousie. Gaggal(Dharashala) is a domestic airport and there are not many flights that fly down here. Thus, the rail followed by roadway is the best way to travel to the city.
Places of Interest in Dalhousie– Being a hill station, picturesque views are a common sight. There are places of historic interest as well. Main places to be visited while you are here are Jandhri Ghat, Satdhara, Subhash Baoli, The Catholic Church of St. Francis, Panjapulla, Dainkund etc
Things to do while you are in Dalhousie
- Take a walk around town, since it is not very big and you will be able to cover some of the major spots of the town just by walking through it.
- Take a hike in the hills that surround Dalhousie. Ganji Pahadi, is one of the best hills to hike on.
- Go in for the Kalatop trek, which is day long trek from Dalhousie to Khajjiar