Manali – Everything You Wanted To Know About It
Another hill station that is present in the country that is cradled by some of the major mountain ranges. Since it is present in the valley area, there are beautiful lush pastures and serene surroundings that attract the tourists from far and wide.
Also known as: Valley of Gods
Located in: Himachal Pradesh, in the River Beas valley
Connection with the cities of India
Because of the hilly terrain of this place, the connections with other cities of the country are not as pert as the other cities of the world, but at the same time, there is reasonable connection present.
Road – The road connections to the city are quite well developed. There are quite a few road connections that are present. The main ones are the National Highway 1 which starts from Delhi and then at Chandigarh, there is a diversion that will lead you to National Highway 21, that will take you to Manali.
Rail – The railways of the area are not very developed as I prior mentioned. The nearest staions to Manali are Chandigarh and Pathankot. You need to get down here and then take the road services that are easily available.
Air – There is the Kullu-Manali airport that is present on the outskirts of the city and it is a rather small airport with just a handful planes flying in and out of the city.
The main airlines operating in the area are Air India and Jet Airways.
Places of interest- Manu Temple, Hadimba temple, Jagatsukh, Solang valley, cub house, Café Juniper etc
Other activities to indulge in, at Manali
- Skiing along the Solang Valley
- River-rafting in the rivers of Chandrabanga, Satluj, Ravi and Chamba
- Mountaineering in the parts of the Himalayas that fall under the region of Manali
- Paragliding (short and long flights) in the Solang valley
- Visiting the countless Buddhist monasteries that are believed to be some of the oldest in India
- Fishing for sport in the River Beas and the nearby tributaries
- Jeep Safari across the Rohtag Pass
Best time to visit Manali- The place has a pleasant weather, but the best time to visit is between the months of September and June.